Our post on 5 Vine Video Marketing Ideas That Will Promote Your Business inspired us to make our own little office Vine about a lovelorn fax machine (see the results below). Now it’s your turn to show us yours! How do you use Vine as a video marketing tool to promote your business? Tweet us at @CW_JenniferB with the hashtag #officetoolbreakups. If you’re looking for video ideas, be sure to check out 5 Vine Video Marketing Ideas that Will Promote Your Business. Leave your Vine URLs in the comments and we’ll add them to our post.
Some Tips on Shooting a Vine for Newbies
After taking an hour and a half to shoot 6 seconds of video, I’ve learned a few things. When you plan and film your video marketing Vine, be sure to keep these tips in mind:
- Making a stop-motion animated video is time consuming. Make sure you leave enough time to plan it out, film it, film it again, and then film it a few more times.
- As you watch the progress bar in the Vine app go, it’s easy to forget it’s only 6 seconds. Make sure you keep mentally visualizing a second on the bar by breaking it up into sixths. Use a ruler if you have one around – trust me, you’ll feel silly, but it’s worth it.
- If you accidentally exit out of your Vine while filming is in progress, everything will be lost. This app does not save your work.
- The Vine HAS to be 6 seconds long. It won’t save your Vine until you’ve used up the full 6 seconds.
- You can’t make another Vine until you’ve posted or deleted the Vine you’ve just finished. There’s no shooting a few, storing them on your phone, and then choosing the best one to post. If you’d rather use this approach than gamble on the next Vine being better, I suggest creating a Twitter account to post your Vines to, then sharing the best version with your followers from your main Twitter account.
So that’s what I’ve learned (so far). Have any more Vine video tips? Let us know in the comments! #OfficeToolBreakups Vine Submissions: Great #OfficeToolBreakups Vine from Josh Ebsworth on switching to a virtual pbx service:
Andrew Macarthy‘s simple, yet effective Vine #officetoolbreakups submission promoting his new book:
National EC uses its office to market their services in their #officetoolbreakups Vine:
Jun-Fung’s Vine turned the app into a helpful mini-guide resource. Another fantastic way to market your business with Vine!
Mark Baltus uses Vine to showcase his favorite beers and restuarants. Great example of customers doing some video marketing for your business!
Latest posts by Jennifer Beardsley (see all)
- Texas Women-Owned Small Business Events in 2013 - 17 June, 2013
- Show Us Your Video Marketing Vines! - 5 June, 2013
- 5 Vine Video Marketing Ideas That Will Promote Your Business - 29 May, 2013